Why create online tutorials?
Online tutorials can be useful:
- to ensure your learners have a baseline knowledge in particular subjects - where for example 1st year students are not all bringing the same level of prior knowledge in certain areas
- for creating online tutorials for the more straightforward factual aspects of your subject, thus freeing up face-to-face teaching time for the more complex or contested aspects
- to facilitate consolidation and revision
- to cover other aspects of the curriculum for which there is no time in the timetabled part of the course
- for distance learning
- to allow learners to study at their own time and their own pace