DMAB-rhodanine for copper
Use gelatine coated slides . Use a positive control section.
- Dewax sections, rinse in alcohol, rinse in water.
- Stain in DMAB-rhodanine stain at 60°C 3 hrs (Check microscopically after 1 hour).
- Rinse well in distilled water
- Counterstain with Mayers' haematoxylin 30 secs
- Blue in tap water - 5 minutes.
- Rinse and dehydrate in 100% alcohol.
- Clear and mount immediately (Rhodanine is gradually leached from tissue sections by the xylene in DPX so use a non-xylene mountant if possible).
DMAB-rhodanine, Stock solution
Make a saturated solution of the DMAB-rhodanine in 100% alcohol.
Store the stock solution at 4°C.
DMAB-rhodanine, Working solution (shake well)
DMAB-rhodanine stock solution 3 ml
Distilled water 47 ml
Prepare fresh before use.